Behind everything we do, there are people like you who make it happen. When you give, advocate or volunteer, you become a powerful agent of change—helping to improve the odds for children and families throughout our community. And there is no shortage of ways to get involved.
Your involvement helps us provide support to neighbors in our community who need it the most, whether it’s a donation of time or money. With your help, we can continue delivering on the promise of true change in the Greater Capital Region
By supporting United Way GCR you strengthen the safety net of programs that help our community today and you invest in truly effective, long-term solutions to our most challenging problems. Your gift will help children be better prepared to enter kindergarten, will ensure seniors have access to healthy foods, and help more families learn to become financially stable.
- Donations of every amount matter. There are many ways you can make a contribution:
- Donate online
- Give through a workplace campaign
- Select United Way of the Greater Capital Region as your AmazonSmile charity organization.
- Take part in our events
- Other Ways to Give donating securities, IRA charitable rollover, and more
Join the cause and make your voice heard! Whether you’re speaking out to improve education, reaching out to members of Congress, or attending a local city council meeting, you can inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow. UWGCR provides a platform for people to take meaningful action that makes a difference. Together, we can amplify our voices on important community changes.
Here are a few ways you can create social change in your local community:
- Speak Out. Contact your representative about an Education, Income, Health or nonprofit strengthening issue. Find your local and state elected representatives here.
- Register to vote. Your vote is your voice! From your local school board to the U.S. Senate, it’s important to vote in every election. Register yourself to vote here.
- Engage with your community. Host a community conversation with your friends, coworkers or neighbors. Learn about what people say are their aspirations for your community and talk about how you can work together to address challenges.
- Raise Awareness About a Cause. Use social media tools to educate your friends and networks about an issue you care about.
Volunteering is the heart of what it means to LIVE UNITED. One way to empower the work we do is to volunteer in support of our partner agencies; donate your time and make a difference in the lives of others. When the community is generous, everyone wins. Whether you’re representing a company whose employees want to dedicate their time, or an individual looking to pitch in, we have volunteer opportunities to fit your needs.
Choose from various volunteer activities through our portal at UnitedtoVolunteer.org.