518 Day Community Celebration
United Way's 518 Day provides opportunities for individuals, families, and groups to be part of solutions to building a more resilient Capital Region through volunteerism and community impact. There are many opportunities to participate in 518 Day through virtual, remote and in-person service projects and activities!
518 Day Volunteer opportunities are LIVE NOW!
Choose Your Service Project
What keeps the Greater Capital Region strong is the power of the community. Select a 518 Day service project through UWGCR's United to Volunteer portal. You can view all the volunteer opportunities offered for 518 Day, track your volunteer hours and continue to engage with local organizations that need your help.
Search 518 Day projects on UnitedtoVolunteer.org
Complete the 5K any time between Sat., May 15 and Tues., May 18 at midnight. The miles can be done wherever you feel comfortable while maintaining necessary social distancing; including your neighborhood, park, treadmill or wherever you enjoy!
Track your 3.1 miles and post a photo on social media! Be sure to tag United Way of the Greater Capital Region and use #518Day
Registration is a $25 donation to UWGCR.
- Print your 5K bib - coming soon
- Challenge your friends with this graphic
Help Us Stuff the CDTA Bus!
Health & Hygiene Drive for the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants
Led by Women United, our annual Stuff the CDTA Bus will be a Health & Hygiene Drive benefitting the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI). USCRI helps newly arrived refugees receive a comprehensive set of services including housing placement, cultural orientation, school enrollment, coordination of initial health appointments, referrals to ESL classes and employment preparation and placement.
How You Can Help
For 518 Day we are gratefully accepting the following items. For questions about donations contact 518Day@unitedwaygcr.org
- blankets and comforters: twin, full, queen – new or gently used
- sheet sets: twin & full – new or almost new
- curtains for all window sizes (not valances)
- shower curtains and new liners
- towels & washcloths – new or gently used
- dinnerware sets
- cooking knives
- dish towels
- pot holders
- shaving cream
- sanitary napkins
- diapers (all sizes)
- laundry detergent
- dish detergent
- spray cleaner with bleach
- multi-surface floor cleaner
- toilet bowl cleaner
- light bulbs
- Grocery Store
Need a fun way to make a difference? BINGO! Do you like to do random acts of kindness? BINGO! Want an easy way to volunteer on your own or as part of a remote team? BINGO!
Our 518 Day Random Acts of Kindness BINGO Card is for you!
Played individually or with a team, Random Acts of Kindness Bingo is a great way to show how several random acts of kindness really add up! This is a great remote volunteer activity for your friends, coworkers and family!
How it works:
• Register as a team or individual.
• Download the Random Acts of Kindness Bingo Card
• Each square represents a random act of kindness.
• When you complete a square, write in the amount of time it took to complete.
• Complete a row, diagonal, or column to get your BINGO! You can try for as many BINGOs on your card as you like!
• Once you get BINGO add up the total amount of time spent volunteering from each of your squares and track your hours on your United to Volunteer profile!
We will be randomly selecting four BINGO participants to receive a special giveaway.
To enter, snap a photo of your BINGO card (with the completed squares checked off) and email it to 518Day@unitedwaygcr.org by midnight on May 18. Please be sure to include in your email: Your name and contact information (phone, email and address) and any fun stories about your Random Acts of Kindness projects. We would love to feature your stories on our social media pages!
Email 518Day@unitedwaygcr.org with any questions.
Thank you to the 518 Day Sponsors!