United Way Worldwide
United Way Worldwide is the leadership and support organization for the network of nearly 1,800 community-based United Ways in 41 countries and territories. United Way of the Greater Capital Region is a member of this network and pays 1% of annual campaign contributions to United Way Worldwide to receive a range of valuable benefits that include
- a national advertising and promotion program
- a partnership with the National Football League
- training for United Way professionals and volunteers
- support to national companies that want to cultivate a year-round relationship with United Ways
- a national database with statistics on fund-raising, fund-distribution and community impact
- a national network allowing United Ways to share best practices
While United Way of the Greater Capital Region is strengthened by its participation in this international professional association, our organization is locally governed by volunteers from the Capital Region who understand local issues and who lend their voice and expertise to improve the communities where we live and work.
Learn more about United Way Worldwide.