There are many ways to give. Your contribution will help people and improve our community. Our focus is on the building blocks for a good life: education, income, health and the ability to meet basic needs.
Your investment in United Way's Community Care fund is the best way to help the most people. United Way pools individual contributions to the Community Care fund and focuses them on the issues that matter most.
Last year, donors made it possible for United Way to fund 100 local programs and initiatives that touched more than 100,000 lives across Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady and Schoharie counties.
1. Give securely online now, using the button below. (We also have a new partnership with a local company that makes it easy for you to donate your old car and help United Way at the same time).
2. Mail a check to United Way of the Greater Capital Region: One United Way, P.O. Box 13865, Albany, NY 12212.
3. Call 518.456.2200 to make a credit card gift.
4. Make a gift of stock or appreciated securities. We can help with questions and arrangements. Call 518.456.2200
5. You can also DONATE YOUR CAR to benefit United Way.
6. If you are a business, set up a collection box for printer cartridge and small electronics RECYCLING to benefit United Way. It's easy and a great way to be environmentally friendly while supporting your community. United Way can supply the box and instructions, and pick up your collected items.
7. Donate a portion of your e-bay sales to United Way OR donate an items for United Way to auction, with the proceeds supporting our work in the community. Learn more about our eBay partnership through E-BAY GIVING WORKS.
Together, we can accomplish more than any single individual or group could achieve alone.
The video below shows how Ruth was helped to overcome addiction and regain custody of her children thanks to the support of a network of United Way-funded programs that offered comprehensive support and solutions. Your donation to United Way of the Greater Capital Region makes a difference by supporting networks of programs that address the complex roots of social issues to bring lasting, positive change to individuals and the community. Please give today and create more opportunities for a better life for all.
Click the video below to view Robert Curley, Chairman of Berkshire Bank, New York Region, speak about the importance of giving to United Way.
Click on the video below to hear Ms. Amie Meyers, a biling specialist with Security Life Insurance Company of America, speak about why giving to United Way is important to her.