Leadership Giving Programs
United Way of the Greater Capital Region has Leadership Giving Programs that recognize generous individuals, couples and businesses that make an annual gift of $750 or more to the community through United Way.
The Alexis de Tocqueville Society is for annual gifts of $10,000 or more while the Red Feather Society is for annual gifts $750-$9,999. We also welcome members of our Young Leaders and Retired United at $500. Over 1,000 philanthropic citizens are members of our Leadership Societies and entrust United Way of the Greater Capital Region with their stewardship.
United Way of the Greater Capital Region recognizes our region's philanthropic leaders through several giving societies that offer special benefits including recognition, networking, reports on the impact of their investment and more. Our Leadership giving societies include:
- Tocqueville Society for individuals who contribute $10,000 or more annually
- Visionary for individuals who contribute $7,500 or more annually
- Pillar for individuals who contribute $5,000 or more annually
- Keystone for individuals who contribute $3,500 or more annually
- Bridger for individuals who contribute $2,500 or more annually
- Builder for individuals who contribute $1,000 or more annually
- Emerging Leader for individuals who contribute $750 or more annually
- Young Leaders United (under age 40) for individuals who contribute $500 or more annually
- Retire United Leader for individuals who contribute $500 or more annually
Leadership Givers list
Corporate Partners list
For decades, the red feather was widely recognized as a symbol of the Community Chest, which was the forerunner to United Way. This cherished symbol carries the same meaning today as it did then, representing community involvement and generous contributions to advance the common good in our community.
President and CEO
Senior Vice President of Resource Development