CA$H Coalition of the Greater Capital Region
United Way has been a lead partner and fiduciary in the CA$H Coalition of the Greater Capital Region since 2007. CA$H, which stands for Creating Assets, Savings and Hope, brings together human service organizations, financial institutions, the IRS, volunteers and others to tackle the issue of poverty and its impact on local families by providing free tax return preparation services through the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Data from US Census Bureau and Capital Region Statistical Report 2015
Volunteers from across the Capital Region donate more than 10,000 hours annually to help low-and moderate-income individuals and families receive free income tax preparation.
With the CA$H Coalition of the Greater Capital Region, we were able to...
- Save taxpayers money from getting taxes prepared ($250/return)
- Strengthen our local community and economy by putting money back into hands of taxpayers
- Supporting taxpayers with financial literacy opportunities
- Assist with finding all credits due by the taxpayer
- Creating an opportunity for taxpayers and financial institutions to build relationships
Free Tax preparation for families and people with an annual income below $54,000, you'll receive...
- Free Tax Preparation services from IRS-certified volunteers
- Refund in as little as 10-14 days with direct deposit
- Saving bonds will be available
- Access to multiple sites with convenient hours