Help hardworking, income eligible families gain valuable
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Tax Preparer-Help taxpayers complete their tax returns using taxpayer provided information.
- Quality Reviewer- Use a designated Quality Review tool to evaluate completed tax returns for accuracy.
- Greeter/Screener- Welcome taxpayers to a VITA site and screen taxpayers to ensure they have the necessary information to complete their return.
- Scheduler-Screen taxpayers to determine the type of assistance they will need and the forms that will be required to complete their return.
- Asset Specialist-Provide financial education materials to taxpayers and answer questions as necessary.
- General Office Assistant-Survey taxpayers and provide completed surveys to VITA site coordinator.
The average commitment is two to four hours per week from Jan 15-Apr 15.
Volunteers are required to maintain confidentiality of taxpayer information.